What three skills or hobbies would you learn if you had unlimited time, money, and tools?
1. Learn to make beautiful pastries. For work I often place orders at a bakery that can make the simplest cupcake look like a work of art. If I could make an icing pansy that seemed too pretty to eat, I would be very happy.
2. This one has two parts. Part A. Learn to sew as in technically how to do it without wanting to rip out my hair in the process. I keep debating on whether or not to buy a sewing machine because any smaller project I do ends up falling by the wayside. Would investing in a machine make me take the time to learn, or would it be a waste? Part B: Develop the skills to have some sense of style in creating things. My sister-in-law made me the cutest curtains and cushions for my chairs with fabric that she picked out in one quick visit to the store. I couldn't believe that she could do this and that it actually looked better and cost less than what I could purchase already made. I feel like even if I knew how sew technically, I wouldn't know how to select fabrics and/or have vision for what it all should look like. I realize that maybe this can't be taught, but I'd try to learn, given the opportunity.
3. Play the piano. I think I missed my opportunity on this one. I had lessons for a couple of years, but I think my parents waited too long to start me, so at my first recital I was about 16 and playing worse than the 8-year-olds in the group. I couldn't take the humiliation. :) But I'd love to be able to play, especially if I could have private lessons that didn't involve recitals.
I tag Rachel and ABL.
April 25, 2008
Tagged by Raina
Posted by
Elisa
on
4/25/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment