It was great having someone else around. I'm finding that I'm pretty isolated here. I don't know and never even see neighbors for the most part, and our church meets once a week, and since people live spread out all over the city and since for the most part they're all working there isn't really that much of an opportunity to get to know people well. But, I'm so thankful to be able to stay home. That's part of the reason why Ryan took this job, and I'm really glad. It's just different to be in a new place without really interacting with others face to face that much. But I expect that with time this will get better. Even in Indiana it took a while to get to know people and feel settled in.
A note about daily life -
This is how I carry the groceries - bags on stroller. That thing gets pretty difficult to push, especially if it's windy and rainy and the wind hits the slicker cover. Then the challenge is getting it into our apartment building, which has no handicap entrance and a series of steps and heavy doors, one of which takes a key to open. Then it's into the elevator which is just BARELY big enough to fit the stroller ( I make about a 50 point turn - think of Austin Powers in his golf cart - terrible reference, I know). And that is when the elevator is working; I'd say that's about 75% of the time. The last time I was out it didn't work, so I had to take the sleeping baby out, which woke him, take him up three flights to our apartment, leave him screaming upstairs (in a safe place), come back for the stroller, fold it up and lug it up three flights. I was glad that I didn't have any groceries with me. This is the kind of thing that I never would have thought about before but that ends up taking a lot of my time. Sometimes I feel like I'm in some sort of weird obstacle course!
And now for some parting photos, which are super cute, if I do say so myself!
I call this one "Pappa Nerd and Baby Nerd."
And this one "Bye-Bye"
God bless!
4 comments:
That so reminds me of living in Russia, with the elevator thing. Our elevators were either always broken, or they smelled so bad we couldn't bear to ride in them. We also got stuck in one once. Let's just say we took a lot of stairs. But I also didn't have a baby. I know that makes things exponentially more complicated.
Okay, I am so behind! For starters, congratulations on Asher! He is adorable, and you look great. I am sorry you had a rough go with the delivery. I can relate to the whole no epidural aspect. Not cool!
My mom is planning to come visit after B3 arrives...I am so thrilled, but I think I will probably freak out when she leaves...and call her every day for a while. Don't know if you can do that with your mom so far away. I guess you live and learn.
I am so glad your mom got to come and visit you! Asher is so cute and big!! I have had some feelings of isolation lately myself, what with moving every few months, but you have your boys and lots of adventures to keep you company! I'm glad things are working out for you! And don't forget all the people across the pond that love and miss you!
Post a Comment