July 26, 2006

Debbie Gibson - what an actress!

I now assume that I saw this before my cousin, sister, and brother made a video in which I played the one and only part. I don't remember ever seeing the original, but note:

1. The constant change of costume.

2. The melancholoy and thoughtful way she pouts (I guess?) on her floofy bed

AND 3. The way she hugs a picture frame, which I thought was weird enough when I did it.

All of these years I thought I was so creative when I guess I was actually just copying my hero. This is pretty funny to me. Now if I could just find some old New Kids on the Block videos and the video we made of my brother that has so conveniently diappeared . . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That explains a lot! I love the 80s hairstyles! I definitely think you should put your version of the video online for the world to see...it's at least as good as hers.

Elisa said...

Since you, my dear, may be the only one to ever read this entry, we'll just rely on memory. I think it's not even that funny to watch, but for years I lived in dread that someone would see it. :) Luv U!

Anonymous said...

Heehee! Everytime I watch that video, I laugh! (mostly in memory of you clutching Tara's teddy bears) It makes me want to go watch Annie sing Its a hard-knock life!

The Best Family said...

I was laughing out loud... partly bc I thought Debbie was just the bomb back than, and partly picturing your rendition... I would love to have seen it!