Well, I hate to be shown up by Christina, but I also hate to bore you to tears. I can see that it's going to be a delicate balance to try to avoid both of those things, and I'm not making any promises about this post. But since I also hate it when I check up on friends and they've got nothing new to say. . .
This weekend, while Ryan was enjoying this view at a conference in Utah . . .
Cordelia and I hung out feeling comfy and homey at our place. This is basically what she looked like. . .

I know I talk about my her like a crazy cat woman, but she's such a cutie. We watched Friends with Money and Notting Hill. Notting Hill really got on my nerves this time because I realized something obvious - that the two characters don't even know each other and the only reason he is so gaga about her is that she is famous. I mean there is that perfectly pretty and seemingly sweet girl he meets halfway through the movie. What's wrong with her? Do any of us really believe that the marriage between him and the superstar would last more than two years? Is he going to be her house-husband or what? Sorry to those of you who love the flick. I still like the soundtrack.
I also went to the farmers' market with a couple of friends from church. My friend Erin and I had some good talking time and also made a trip to the mall where I actually returned a couple of items, so I think that qualifies as a money-making venture. Way to go, me!
In the evening I made some pesto for pasta with the basil growing in our mini-garden out back. This is basically what it looks like. I show you because I never recognized fresh basil until we moved here and the farmers' market introduced it to me. Do any of you watch the food network? I don't since we don't have television reception at present, but my grandmother gave me the Everyday Italian cookbook for Christmas, and I've enjoyed trying out new things from it. This pesto recipe is one of them.

(This picture is from a Purdue website. You can google it.)
Sunday I worked in the nursery during church and attended the student lunch in Ryan's honor. And in the evening we had our first life group meeting of the year. Ryan got home around midnight, so I had a little extra time to clean and grocery shop Sunday evening before I went to pick him up from the airport shuttle.
And I'm now in the middle of a regular work week. I know that God is in small things as much as in big ones, and I'm thankful considering how life seems at times.
7 comments:
I watched Friends with Money last night. I thought Lovely and Amazing, by the same director, was better.
Well it's no Christina post, but it did have several pictures of exellent color quality and beauty...so it'll do.:) By the way quit holding out on the pesto recipe! We have a Farmer's Market in town called Tom Leonards that is set up like a grocery store. I love that place! And they sell fresh herbs too. Basil is the only one I've ever tried to cook with, but I love it because I feel like such a real cook when I use fresh ingredients. FYI they also sell bakery products and the best chocolate chip cookies. Glad your man is back in town- I hate it when Cory is gone.
Love you!
Basil Pesto
2 c. fresh packed fresh basil leaves
1/4 c. pine nuts (I used walnuts)
1 garlic clove
1/2 tsp. salt or more
1/4 tsp. pepper or more
2/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
Chop or blend ingredients, depending on your preference and your kitchen equipment. Save a little water from cooking the pasta to add in case it is too thick. I also added some tomatoes.
Yum, yum.
You guys are not helping my "I'm feeling guilty about not being domestic" complex!
Jamie,
I don't know about that movie. I guess I'll have to check it out. I did like some things about Friends with Money, but it's not one I want to watch over and over again.
Chris,
Is Tom Leonard's the place we went last year that had the yummy orange juice? I liked that place.
Allison,
Sorry, kiddo! But you know that I don't take care of a baby in addition to everything else, so I can pass the blame buck to Christina. :)
Yep- that's the place. Gotta love fresh squeezed orange juice! P.S., what do you put that pesto sauce on- pasta? Dip it with bread?
And remeber Allison- I'm not working yet!
Love you girls!
Yep. It's for pasta. ej
Post a Comment