This week is Ryan's spring break, and I was able to take off yesterday afternoon, so we went to the patio and garden show in Indianapolis. Yesterday was a record high at 80, and we had this vision of walking around the state fair grounds outside seeing these beautiful gardens which were supposed to be on display. But when we got there, we found that everything is indoors. In retrospect this makes perfect sense since it usually is still too cool to really enjoy the outdoors, and all of the plants would probably freeze at night, but we were still a little disappointed. I put on all of that sunscreen for nothing!
At least the pretty display gardens we saw could remind us of good things to come, even if they didn't provide any sunshine. Here are some pictures.



Then later in the afternoon we headed downtown, and we ate (at the restaurant of my choice - AGAIN - because Ryan always loses bets to me. He doesn't get that I don't bet unless I'm as sure as I can be that I'm right, but I'm glad because otherwise it would have been the Popeye's chicken he saw and was so excited about.) And we walked around a mall. Are there any H&M fans out there? It's a new store for me, and I was excited about the inexpensive but cute dress I found there. So all in all, it was a really nice day and nice to have time to just to hang out with Ryan.
I always get to the end of posts like this one or really pretty much all of them and think, "why am I writing this?" The answer is, "what else would I say?" So your stuck with dumb quizzes and photos of flowers and my cat, but it's still nice to have a way to keep up with folks, and I can't seem to quit anyway. :)
Blessings on your week!
March 14, 2007
flop of a flower show, winner of a day
Posted by
Elisa
on
3/14/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
who's the hottie in from of the flowers? Seriously, you look so pretty!
I love that you blog about these things... it makes me feel like I am part of your life even though you are so far away! Sorry about the wasted sunscreen, but glad you had a fun day with the hubby! I would give anything right now for a peaceful day with Clint!
Those flowers are beautiful! I could only dream of making Boone go to an exhibit like that. I usually have to bribe him with food. You do look beautiful in front of the flowers!
Are you kidding me- I love blog posts about your life. I love your relaxed pace and your purposefulness in your leisure time. So many times I feel like I live my days full speed ahead and then a zoned out couch potatoe at night. Is it my fault AMerican Idol comes on two nights a week? :) Love you!
Great pictures! I don't know if you remember me from Treadaway Kids at ACU. It has been great to catch up a little on your life. It brings me joy to see that you are still living your life for God! I miss those ACU years and working with Treadaway Kiddos!
Summer, I hope that you do get to take some time off with Clint sometime soon. I think you've earned it! I'm so thankful that Micah is doing better, and I hope this week is at least ten times better than last week.
Kate, One of Ryan's big hobbies is growing things, and that is nice, though usually he goes for weird (a.k.a. ugly)looking plants, so I have to work hard to get some nice flowers in there, too! Your bribe idea might come in handy sometime.
Chris, Clearly you are not responsible for the scheduling of American Idol. :) And I honestly don't think I'm that great at being "purposeful" with free time. It's just that I have a lot of it, so every now and then something planned is bound to come out of it. I loves you back.
Naomi, IF I REMEMBER YOU? Don't you know that you were one of my heroes at ACU? I love running into friends in the blog world. Your girls are just adorable! I'm sure you must hear that a lot. I'm so glad to hear from you!
Hi Elisa! I think your pictures are lovely and I also think you should post every day! If I come visit you, will you take me to see this place?
So missy- I'm thinking your post is a little outdated! Don't make be start the threats. :)
Hey Elisa - Just stopped by your blog and found out that you are now an H&M fan! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that store! I am so glad that we don't have them here in Austin because it is a treat for me when I travel to cities that have them! When I was in New York in January, there is one on almost every block! I was in heaven! The one in Indianapolis (if it is the one at the mall downtown) is very small compared to most others. So I suggest seeking them out if you are ever traveling!
Hope all is well!
Brooke
Post a Comment