This past weekend I made an interesting discovery in a rare but effective burst of cleaning. Pine sol really does get things clean! I used it in our "guest" bathroom (because we actually have a guest coming - yeah, Kirk!) and was happy to see it got the shower cleaner than I had been able to get it with even soft scrub with bleach. This may sound strange, but I don't think the shower floor was designed to drain well, so it tends to collect dirt. And it left our fancy linoleum floor nice and shiny and got out a few scuff marks that seemed to be impossible to erase before. Much better than Swiffer. Ryan always told me that is what his mamaw used, and he even uses it to get out grass stains in laundry, so I should have been a little more trusting before now. My only complaint is that now the entire upstairs smells like I remember the cabins at church camp smelling. I guess that's what they used. I have fond memories of unbearable heat, kickball, and singing there, but I'm not sure I want the smell of those cabins be in our home at all times. So, I checked out lemon Pine-Sol, but it doesn't have the magic ingredient -pine oil. Can anyone explain to me how oil from a
tree is a disinfectant and grease remover? Very interesting. I guess I'll use the lemon for most days and the pine for deep cleaning. Anyone else have a cleaning secret?
February 21, 2007
The Smell of Clean Stinks
Posted by
Elisa
on
2/21/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I LOVE the smell of Pine Sol... I think because it makes me happy to have my house clean. We have stained concrete floors all over out house, and Pine Sol is the only way to go! Coby always tells me that it is "gettin stinky in here!"
How fun to have a guest to clean for! We have had a vicious stomach bug around here, so I was disinfecting our house, and Micah asked me if someone was coming over! :o)
(this is Christina) it's so funny that you said Pine-Sol reminds you of Church Camp becuase that is totally my association with it too. I started claening with it a few months back- not because I loved the smell- but simply because it smelled clean. Plus it just takes a second to swirl it around in the toilet and the smell lingers os long that when Cory gets home he things I've been slaving away all day!
(christina again) I would like to apolgize for all the mispellings in that last comment. I can't believe I didn't prrof read better on my Elnglish Major rommies blog.
My apologeez.
I kind of like the smell of Pine Sol, but I mostly just use bleach to clean. It doesn't smell good, but I know it disinfects! Also, I love Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. They really are magic!
Summer, Certainly if it works for the mother of four boys, it should work for me. They seriously should get you to do a commercial!
Chris, I'm really not a good speller myself. And that's Camp Bandina, my friend! I guess maybe they used it at Koinonia, too? (See, I probably misspelled that last one.) Good move in tricking Cory. I definitely use those kind of tactics, too.
Kate, I have wondered about those Mr. Clean erasers. I'll have to try them out. Thanks for the tip!
what do you mean you use those tactics? Give some examples...
Did I say that? That was just a joke. I'd never try to pull anything over on Ryan. He's just too smart. (Sucker!)
Post a Comment