May 4, 2007

Trip to Tejas

We were able to spend part of last week in Texas with our families because my cousin Tara's wedding was in Salado. Here are some pics from the wedding. Tara was a beautiful bride, of course. When I was little I always wanted to be like her - would try to grow my hair out or cut it depending on how long hers was at the time, etc, and when I couldn't sleep at night and my parents would say," just think about playing with Tara," which would usually at least keep me in my room and occupied if not asleep. We called each other "the laughing sisters" and pretended that we were both named Tara ( strange but true). She is a couple of years older than me, which is just enough to instill a kind of hero worship in a little girl. Did you have anyone like that who was your hero when you were little?

It was good to see her happy and excited about the start of her marriage.

Tara and my niece.
with Jessie, Mom, Gabe, and his (sleeping) daughter
with Ryan
We were so glad to see our three little nieces to whom I suppose we're virtual strangers even though we love them so much. I like to pretend that any extra visits we get in all of a sudden make us like this (I'm holding my index and middle finger together reeeal tight.) Hopefully I'll have some pictures that include Ryan's family soon.

Another highlight of our trip was the two short hours I got to spend with Melanie, which proved to me, not that there was much doubt before, that a face to face conversation is about a bazillion times better than anything email and blogs have to offer. It was so good to be with her. (Wish I had thought to pull out a camera!)

This weekend Ryan is leaving for a conference in New York while I'm working all day Saturday for graduation. Doesn't seem like that fair of a trade off to me, but then again, how much fun can he expect to have without me? :) And I know he'll be working, too. Really, I think we both enjoy doing our own thing for awhile and remembering what it is like to miss each other.

And that's about all that's going on around here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My hero was YOU! :)
I'm glad I got to spend time with you and Ryan last weekend. It's always a blessing.

Elisa said...

You are a sweet girl, Jessica, and now you're one of my heroes, too. Can't wait 'til you get up here! Love you.

Unknown said...

Elisa- I'm sorry we missed getting to see you while you were here...I'm very jealous!! seriously, though, you looked absolutely GORGEOUS at the wedding and it was great to get to see pics of you and your family. Thanks for sharing...and it was fun to think back to people I looked up to as a child.

Elisa said...

ABL - I know. I was so sad not to get to see you, too. I still can't believe I haven't met KJ yet. We have to put an end to that insanity!