Well, I was tagged by Raina to list 8 random things about me and by Jamie to do 100 things, so here is a list that comes out somewhere in between. I tag anyone who has been missed by the other tags going around out there.
I was born in Austin.
I am the middle of three children.
I look like my mom.
I don't look like my blondie brother or sister.
Even though they get their fair heads from Mom's side of the family.
If I let myself eat any cookie dough while making cookies, I eventually abandon the making and stick with the eating and end up being sick.
This doesn't gross me out, even though I know raw eggs are disgusting to eat.
I play soccer on Thursday nights in a city rec league.
I'm proud of this because I have never been very athletic and was cut from most teams when I was growing up.
I wouldn't appreciate it if you pointed out that city league teams can't cut you.
I had never been to Indiana before the day we moved here.
I like it here. (Thank God!)
I miss being able to visit with my family. We missed a family reunion and 3 nieces' birthdays this summer, which made me sad.
On the other hand it's nice that no one expects us to visit when we don't want to.
I can pick up things with my toes. I don't know if this is unusual. I would think it was weird if I saw you do it.
When I was a kid my dad worked for the San Antonio Zoo, so we got to feed the sharks by hand, which, at age 10, is exceptionally cool.
I won the UIL state championship in editorial writing when I was a junior in high school.
I could probably recite most of the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice to you.
I grew up on the coast and have been a part of many a beach clean up. Yuck.
My favorite trip since I have been married was the few days we spent in Chicago on our first anniversary. I LOVED it, although I didn't expect to because I'm not really a big city girl.
I work for a scholarship program.
I wish I had thought more about what I actually wanted to do, career-wise, when I was younger.
I loved almost all of my classes at ACU.
I just found out that if you plant two squash plants, for weeks you will have enough squash to eat every day and to share with friends and to share with virtual strangers and to end up throwing away because it is impossible to actually consume that much squash at one time.
My hair is gray-ing in places, which is why my hair is now constantly changing colors.
I go through spurts of not reading the Bible at all and then reading it a lot.
I sometimes think it's good when I don't read it all of the time because then when I pick it up it seems fresh and new.
But I sometimes think I'm just lying to myself.
I like to sing, either with the radio or in church.
I had a pet rabbit named Oreo as a kid.
I really enjoyed the year I spent teaching and, in retrospect, wish I could have stayed with it a little longer. (I moved after 1 year.)
I've been working on redesigning the website for our church's campus ministry.
Through my job I have met several semi-famous people - e.g. Gen. Wesley Clark, the sister of the Dalai Lama, a handful of Nobel prize winning physicists, the guy who produced the Batman movies, etc.
During the summer I go home for lunch most days of the week.
But now that school is in session there is too much traffic to make it worth it.
I use Dove unscented soap.
I eat pizza almost every week.
I like watching super-nanny even though we don't have kids.
My new favorite ice cream is Ryan's home-made coffee flavor.
I like to send in the card that says you get two trial issues of a magazine and then cancel the subscription.
I just did this with Cooking Light, though I'm kind of embarrassed to admit it.
Melanie and I were camp counselors at a YMCA camp after our sophomore year at ACU.
I was a youth intern with Cory after my junior year.
I like to cook but not to clean up.
I'm usually feeling very happy on Fridays at about 5:01.
I recently went with Ryan to meet up with his parents in Branson, MO.
We saw The Acrobats of China.
And many scary billboards.
I don't like driving a stick shift while traveling through the hills of the Ozarks.
Especially if Ryan is watching me and worrying that I'll break our car.
My sister will be living with us for a few more weeks.
It's possible that we have fewer in depth conversations now than when she lived in Houston because she is so busy and we just crash and watch T.V. in the evenings.
We don't have T.V. reception, so I borrow a ridiculous number of videos from the library.
I (like Jamie M.) broke my arm in the second grade.
I met Christina J. in the fifth grade when we went to the same church for a year. (I moved the next year.)
I met ABL when we were freshmen and lived on the same floor in Nelson.
I met Rachel when we were freshmen. Our parents knew each other in college, so I think I met her mom through my parents first when we were moving into Nelson.
I met Jamie when we were freshmen and she was roommates with Rachel.
I met Melanie when I re-met Christina during Welcome week. .
I met Kate through her friend Erica who was in my inter-g group and Univ.100 class.
I met Raina in my freshman Bible class
I met Jaime as a freshman in an English class.
I met Summer when we were freshmen and she lived next door to Chris & Mel. We became roommate the next semester.
I met Ryan through Christina and Melanie when we were freshmen, though we didn't know each other well or date until a few years later.
I met Katie when she pledged GATA.
I met Naomi when I was a freshmen and we were both active in Treadaway Kids. We also went on the same spring break campaign that year.
I met Cory when we were freshman. Not sure when, but I remember him in that goofy skit in which he played Royce Money.
I met Brooke when she pledged GATA.
I think that is everyone who has ever commented on my blog.
Except for Jessica. I met her in a hospital a few days before my fourth birthday.
Jessica and I used to play exciting things like "library", "school", and "bank."
We had seen The Music Man too many times and thought Marian the librarian was the gal to be.
I haven't shared my blog with anyone who lives in the same town as I do.
Or my family other than Jessie.
It's like it's hard for me to mix up my worlds.
But I'm content to just let this be the way I keep up with college friends.
I hope they all have happy weekends. God bless!
August 24, 2007
Many Random Things
Posted by
Elisa
on
8/24/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I laughed out loud when I read about you and your sister playing "exciting games like school, library, and bank." I had a friend across the street that used to play "store" with me, but my own brothers kept trying to get me to play stuff like "war" and "karate fight." Must be nice to have a sister!
I remember playing those sorts of exciting games with my friends, too! Fun times!
Like you, I don't really share my blog with people who live near me, and as far as I know, none of my family members or Boone's family members know about the blog. I feel like if I knew that our families read the blog, I would over-analyze everything I have written. I am, however, okay with my friends' parents reading the blog. Craziness!
Hope you have a great weekend and don't eat too much squash!
That was fun to read! I don't share my blog with my family or people I work with either.
Too bad we don't live near each other. I'd trade you some of my too-hot jalapenos for some of your leftover squash.
Everyone thought Rachel and I were roommates freshman year, but we didn't live together until we moved off campus.
I enjoyed your list very much, though I would have liked to see you brag a little more on your mad skills, like your Sean Connery interpretation of Jean Val Jean.
Man all these Elisa secrets- and I thought I knew you so well!!! :) I love you girlie!
I enjoyed reading this list and surprised to see my name in it. Ha!
I feel like I got to know you better.
I absolutely loved those ACU days and would love to do it all over again.
Wish I could eat some of your squash.
Feeding the sharks sounds scary, but exciting.
G A T A GOTTA GET A GATA!
Super Nanny makes me feel better about my parenting.
I loved your list, Elisa, even though I'm so late commenting on it! Isn't it funny how you seem to talk more in-depth w.family when you live farther away. I feel like that with my brother, too.
Miss you!
Post a Comment