September 22, 2007

And now on a happier note . . .

Here are some photos I meant to post this summer before Jessie left. We are blessed to live near some beautiful state parks. This is our favorite.

Dry creek bed - all of our summer rain went to Texas, it seems.
Jessie Lou
RK
Getting un-lost

More recently, I had the best lazy girl's weekend this weekend. Farmers' market with a friend on Saturday morning, a little clean up around the house, and then lots vegging with Ryan. Half of the floors downstairs have been torn out, and there are two very large and very loud fans drying the concrete slab down there, so I was perfectly happy to not carry out all of my responsible plans down there and instead be glued to an old futon seeing how many episodes of Alias I could watch in one sitting. I'm a little behind the times, but I love getting in spy mode. And it was really nice to just not go anywhere for awhile.

And last night after life group we went to a symphony concert at IU conducted by Leonard Slatkin, who is evidently quite the famous conductor, and featuring an equally famous soprano, who you've also never heard of. I enjoyed the singing more than the symphony, but I usually like music that has a melody I can follow, and these pieces didn't necessarily offer that. A friend who went with us has studied conducting some, and he said that a conductor has to stay about 1/2 beat ahead of the symphony. How is that even possible? Anyway, have a happy Monday - an equally daunting task, I know!

2 comments:

The Best Family said...

what fun times with your sister! I need someone to come rip up my floors so I wont feel obligated to fulfill my responsibilities! :o)

ps-- I hope this comment posts... I have posted comments on your last 2 entries and they arent showing for some reason... I dont remember exactly what I said, but Im sure it was really important and smart sounding

Sara said...

Hey Elisa, I randomly found your blog from Christina's. I appreciate your comments on Isaiah in the "rambling thoughts" post. It's a small world in blog land!

Sara (used-to-be Mathis)