October 11, 2008

New Surroundings

I'm still processing the move and all of he changes it has entailed, so I don't have a lot of thoughts to share, but we've taken some pictures on the weekends, so I have plenty of those. The people here have been extremely giving and welcoming, and I'm thankful that we're here and that the biggest changes have been made - other than the whole having a baby thing. Just another ten weeks to go on that one.


This is a few hours after we arrived. We had already been taken on a five mile up-hill hike, which I didn't quite complete. It makes me laugh to think of that first day. Our hosts were ambitious on our behalf, which was good and meant I slept well and never had too much jet lag.

This is the view from our apartment. I like that it just looks so different from what we're used to.
This was one of the first nights when we were in our apartment. We were so relieved to have some place to live and celebrated with the fanciest of take-out meals, as Ryan is illustrating.


Pretty flowers. Obviously.




These are some scenes from a nearby village. I like it that we're so near the coast, though usually we aren't very aware of it. It's nice to travel just a short distance to see new things.
Love and blessings you.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Great to hear about your life in Ireland. Love the pictures!

Jaime said...

It's so beautiful!! Glad to see you are settling in! Hugs from across the ocean!

Rachel said...

So where are you guys exactly? I think Ireland is so beautiful. I hope you enjoy every moment of your time there and take full advantage of all that is there!

Christina said...

I look at those pictures and think...I can't believe you LIVE there- it looks like a dream vacation spot!
P.S. Miss you. Not that we saw eachother that often... but now that you're even further away I just feel it more I guess!

Unknown said...

Your pictures are beautiful! I hope you love living there and welcoming your sweet baby there! I will be praying for you over these next ten weeks!