I'm trying to remind myself that our two and a half weeks with family was worth it. Our baby boy has been only sleeping two hours at a time since we left four days ago. We're all exhausted, and I find myself alternating between thoughts of "poor baby!" and "you hate me, don't you, punk?!" The idea that a mommy would call her baby a punk usually makes me think "poor baby!" again for another reason, so all in all I think he is winning with the sympathy points, even if his mommy is a little batty from lack of sleep.
But, back to Texas - we did enjoy our time. A real date! Celebrating our six-year anniversary.
Playing with one of his cousins. Note the matching ears. I loved it that he got to spend time with all of his cousins on both sides of the family. He is really a social little guy - reminds me of his daddy. And I don't think he had actually spent time with any other babies in the time that he has been old enough to be aware of it.
I thank God for a good time and pray for patience and appreciation for our quieter days (minus the crying) here. It was funny, but I did find myself "missing" Asher when there were so many other people around wanting to hold and play with him. So in a way it is nice to be back with just our family. I've really enjoyed our walks around and the parks - things that we couldn't enjoy in Texas in the same way since it was hot, hot, hot.
4 comments:
The matching ear picture is too cute. He is adorable! Yikes about the every 2 hours thing!!! Is he jet lagged or what? I can't imagine that with a baby. Hudson is finally sleeping 8-10 hours at night without having to be fed, so I've now had 2 full nights of sleep. I can't imagine going back to newborn sleep deprivation...but Lord willing, I will do it again someday (with a different kid). :) Happy anniversary!!!
Yes, Asher was jet lagged - six hours is a lot to get over, and he had gotten in the habit of being nursed too often at night while we were traveling. He made it pretty clear that drastic measures were needed, so as of last night (Friday), he has been cut off! And despite the crying involved in "sleep training" we both had more hours of uninterupted sleep than ever. Hoping it just gets better from here.
Hey, I need you to make another post on the blog. I need something to read at lunch :)
Hey, I haven't read your blog in awhile, but I loved the new pictures. You look beautiful! And Asher is a cutie! I hope you're getting more sleep now.
Post a Comment