August 18, 2006

Not much to report, but . . .

I will tell you that my nieces are awfully sweet and that I was very happy to get to spend some time with them last weekend. Deborah, the two-year-old, was quite entertaining. Jessica, my sister who drove up from Houston, and I couldn't stop laughing at times. One such time is when she decided to put on a performance inspired by the Riverdance dvd they have. She would run in the room, place her hands on her hips, and then shove her hips from side to side. Then she would twirl in a circle and stumble a bit from diziness. When she had enough of that she would bow deeply from the waist, and being the appreciative aunts we are, we clapped and cheered, and she would run out of the room and then right back in again to start the cycle over again.

And in other news. . .



Ryan is coming home from Germany tomorrow. I think that the workshop he attended for the past 10 days has been good for him, but I'm ready for him to be back home. Cordelia and I have been living a wild life of bachelorette-hood. She's such a sweet cat. I think I understand now why animal rights activists could be so passionate about not hurting animals, although that passion may be misplaced or too extreme at times. But I wouldn't want anyone hurting my little friend who seems to have her own personality and who follows me around wherever I go in our little condo. I still intend to maintain my status as a full-fledged meat-eater, though. :)

Sunday we'll have Ryan's brother and his wife and daughter with us for a few days, and we are really excited about showing them around Bloomington and Indianapolis. They are taking a train up here, which I think sounds like a lot of fun. The biggest train experience I've ever had is riding the kiddie train around the park in New Braunfels. Has anyone else ever ridden a real train?

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I prefer trains to buses and planes. But I took one train ride in Greece that was the worst experience in my life. Trains don't limit the amount of riders, at least in Europe, so they can get crazy crowded.

Unknown said...

I rode trains in Europe. We had heard horror stories about thefts on the night trains so we slept with our backpacks locked to our ankles.

Also, Korben has a really cool electric train running around the top of his room.

I love trains!

Allison

Elisa said...

Well, I think I'm going to have to try hopping on a real train one of these days. The fam had a really good time traveling that way and came to our place with some really cool pictures from passing through St. Louis.