September 25, 2006

Weekends are nice.

Yes, this is my brilliant observation for the day. On Saturday it rained all day, and I had a great time just being at home for most of the day. And it was also great weather for going to see my friend Erin and drinking coffee and chatting with her, which I also did. Yesterday we had lunch with several friends at the home of some people from church who live on a farm, and we had a nice walk around their place seeing their animals and enjoying being outside. They had some one month old kittens that were itty bitty, and I felt like such a kid being completely engrossed by them. Of course Ryan thought it would be best to test their limits and so kept putting them up high different places to see if they could get down. And those little suckers proved that they could produce a lot of sound for having such little bodies. I love weekends!

And now the challenge is to not wish the week away for the next one. Any advice on how you do this? I know that for some of you weekends aren't much of a break anyway, so how do you handle that?

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I love my weekends, especially since they start at noon on Fridays.

Christina said...

What the heack I left you a brilliant comment and now it's not showing up...anyways the summarized version is that we try to keep our weeknights fun so that we have something more than the weekend to look forward to. For example, Tuesday nights we try to grill out, Wednesday nights we eat-out-to-go and take it to the playground at church before service starts, and Thursday nights will soon be basketball games. And yes I decided I would play on the all guys team- or at least try it out. I am nervous but excited.

P.S. I can totally see Ryan testing the little kittens limits. And I can't believe you didn't bring a friend home for Cordelia!

Elisa said...

Jamie, I will be envying you tomorrow at noon!

Well you're smart, Chris. I've been thinking about making Wed. an eat out night because it is such a rush to get home and get food only to leave again. Good for you and the basketball team! I think it would be so cute to see Levi cheering for his mama. No friend for or our kitty - and when we got home Sunday we did tell her that we'd been cheating on her. She was pretty forgiving.