I think I enjoy cooking so much these days because after a full day of sitting and working in an office, it feels pretty good to be up and doing something that you could almost classify as creative, even if I'm just following other people's recipes.
So last night I was cooking and decided to make some cornbread. Usually Cordelia sits in a chair in the kitchen hoping that I'll break out some green beans or sweet potatoes - those are the items I'll willingly feed her. Actually, she has started running into the kitchen at break-neck speed any time I chop up fresh veggies of any sort. It's pretty funny. My little vegetarian. But that's not the point of this story. The point is that I saw the funniest sight yesterday as I was doing things around the kitchen. Cordelia was seated on a chair peering over a cookbook that was on the table. Only her little head could be seen from where I was, and she was inspecting the cookbook, and though she was looking for food, she looked like she was reading. There was another cookbook to the right of her, measuring cups in front of her ~it looked like she was posing for an edition of Better Kitty Homes & Gardens. I don't know if this description convinces you, but it was pretty cute and very funny. I tried to get a picture but didn't move quickly enough, so then I tried to set up a picture by putting some food for her on the book. The result was a bit less cute and a lot more contrived, so I will put my big dreams of seeing her on cuteoverload to rest, but since you people are usually kindly indulgent, I will show them to you.
So you've got the cornmeal and you've go the flour. . .

Ok. Now it says to add a cup of sugar.
7 comments:
Cute pictures!
that is hilarious! I try bribing my kids with food for a good photo op all the time!!
That is really cute. You should start your own cute overload collection of pics. Of course, you'd have to include lots of pics of me. And my dog. Let me know when you are ready for a shot of her in her Superman costume.
I think the picture is cute! Where did you get her name? Anne of Green Gables or Shakespeare (King Lear, I think?), perhaps?
I like cooking also. If only Jackson would just sit and look at a cookbook while I cooked without tearing it up!
That is hilarious! And I also have to add, along with Kate, that I love that your kitty is named Cordelia. Is it from Anne of Green Gables? I forgot that one of the King Lear characters had that name too.
See, Jamie, I knew I could count on you to be supportive.
Summer,
Bribery is an amazing little tool at times! I’m glad to see that it transfers to kids, too.
Mel,
I think you're a little over-qualified in the cute department. And there is absolutely NO excuse for your not putting up a picture of super Darcy.
Kate,
Yes, Cordelia's name is from Anne of Green Gables, but I'm pretty sure that Anne would have gotten it from King Lear since she likes to reference Shakespeare in other places. The fact that you picked up on that pegs you as a kindred spirit. Being a mommy AND a cook does sound like a challenge to me.
Carolyn,
Another kindred spirit! It’s great to hear from you. I’ve enjoyed procrastinating on your blog. :)
Ooh! I like your kitty stories! I love that she comes running for veggies! What a health-conscious cat! I can't wait to meet her :)
Post a Comment