As ridiculous as it is, I'm posting more pictures of my cat. (To understand, you parents out there just have to imagine what you'd be taking pictures of if you didn't have your little munchkins to occupy your camera lens.) This is Ryan trying to get her to sit on his shoulders the way a parrot sits on a pirate's shoulders. He has this pirate computer game that consumes him from time to time, and he expects us all to play a part. The kitty is pretty obliging, as you can see.


Kitty want a cracker?
In other totally random news, yesterday I read this statement in a book I'm reading, I Capture the Castle. [Side note: I made myself go to the library earlier this week when I started dreaming about the characters on the Young and the Restless, which I've been watching when I stay at work for lunch. I could only see 1/2 of the show, but I got in the habit of doing that each day. Really I thought it was pretty harmless because it is so completely ridiculous that it's like a joke - a very badly written joke. But still, the other night I had this long dream about these two characters fighting, which shows that it has occupied too much of my thinking. And really it was hard for me to not watch it yesterday, which I think is weird because it's just so dumb, but I guess you can get drawn into anything. I just really want to know who killed Carmen!]
Anyway, I was telling you about this quote: "Contemplation seems to be about the only luxury that costs nothing." This is supposed to be written by a 17-year-old girl, and I think it's the kind of thing I'd think when I was 17, too because I did used to spend such large amounts of time just thinking about life and what mine would be like and daydreaming, etc. That doesn't really happen any more. I think part of it is because to be content, you can't always be daydreaming about how you wish your life would be. But another part of me felt sad in reading that that I don't really take advantage of the luxury. What about you? Do you spend time just thinking about life and trying to figure out what it means? Do you think about God and what you think he is like or do you spend time asking questions about him to yourself? If so, when do you do this? Please share your thoughts on this subject, if it interests you.
Hope you have a good day.
2 comments:
Although I do have a child and my blog is pretty much dedicated to him, I sure did bribe my dogs to sit in front of the Christmas tree for a picture by holding a treat in front of them. Don't think that us parents aren's just a crazy about our animals! I even tried to get them to wear Santa hats, but that was as unsuccessful as getting Jackson to wear the hat.
Also, I remember daydreaming quite a bit, but I also find that my days are often so busy, I just don't have time to sit and think; however, I do travel alone quite a bit, so my mind does often wander while I drive. I don't really know what I think about - I guess just whatever is on my mind at the time. Daydreaming really is a luxury, isn't it?
love the kitty pictures! Here, instead of "kitty want a cracker" it is more like "kiddos want a candy?" :-)
Not much time for thinking/daydreaming around here! But when I do catch myself daydreaming, it is usually at night while I am doing housework or while I am driving.
I MUST see you while you are in texas this time!!!
Post a Comment