This this may be old news by now, but I just saw this story about the release of a new DVD of old clips from Sesame Street that comes with a warning that it isn't suitable for preschoolers. As a girl who may very well owe her concepts of near and far to Grover, I think it's hilarious that these episodes would now be considered dangerous for kids. Even if I didn't see the show in its earliest days, I still say let Cookie Monster eat cookies, let Oscar be a grouch, and let the Muppets smoke pipes!
November 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That's hilarious! This explains so much about my life. Imagine how much more I could have accomplished if I hadn't watched all of that Sesame Street. :-)
Looks like we're in the same boat, Carolyn. Poor, poor us!
That's hilarious. Thanks for the warning so I can keep KJ away from whatever warped me so much!
That is crazy! I used to love Sesame Street! Apparently, the writers of that story haven't really been paying much attention to some of the other cartoons on TV today. In fact, we recently watched a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse where Donald sold his favorite toy to a giant and sought out Mickey's help to steal it back. They only paid the giant for it when they were caught in the act of stealing.
I found you! Hooray! It was great to see you on Sunday. Glad to know you are doing so well.
This post is pretty funny. I was a SS kid myself and now our little Benjamin loves it, too!
This theme crosses over to several things that we all grew up with. Before he was born, we bought Benjamin the Beatrix Potter book, Benjamin Bunny. In it, she writes about "rabbit tobacco" that the bunnies use (which probably is pretty weird if you ask me, I mean a wolf maybe, but bunnies?). We cracked up. Poor kid, he'll be scarred for life.
Post a Comment