December 12, 2007

an early Christmas gift

I loved being able to spend several days in Texas last week, first for Melanie's wedding, and then for a short but sweet visit with family. Somehow I didn't manage to take that many pictures. I didn't even have the camera with me at the wedding, but here are a few taken a little earlier.


The beautiful bride & her niece

Joe and Rachel


ABL & RRL

Me and my new friend the jackolope. Only in Texas, my friends!


Ryan and me in front of what I'll pretend is our Christmas tree.

It was so good to be with friends. I saw some people who I've only seen in the blog world, if at all, over the past five or six years, and it was great to finally have some face to face conversations with them. Everyone is so grown up!

Of course Melanie was completely gorgeous and seemed so happy with Brad. It was fun to get to see them together.

Now I'm playing catch up at work. I'll try to post more soon and hope that some of the other folks who were there were better about taking pictures.

2 comments:

Wishing Wells said...

I wish I could've been there! I bet you guys had a great time together again.

Have a great Christmas holiday!

Lori said...

Thank you for the comment. I am glad to find your blog too. I am adding you to mine so I can keep up with you. Where are you guys now? I think the last time I saw you was at Westover in Austin.