May 30, 2010

Eurovision

Once a year Europe has an Olympics of pop music called Eurovision, and this year's final was this past Saturday.  I'm officially a fan!  There are 25 performances in the final, and a combination of popular vote and some sort of judging panel from each country decides the winner.  It is such fun to watch.  I absolutely cannot predict how people are going to vote.  For some of these I'd think there is no way anyone would seriously vote for them (It makes you proud to be a North American, as my Canadian friend says), but I'm always wrong.  Here is a sampling.

RUSSIA
My favorite part is the "What are you doing, man?" line.



MOLDOVA


Notice SPAIN has a surprise visitor from the audience, but really does it matter?



And what can be said about SERBIA?


And in the end you get some of what I consider to be really good music, too.  This is Germany, the winner . . .



And my personal favorite from Belgium . . .




Eurovision, I will miss you!

No comments: