June 22, 2010
Tough Times and Not So Tough Times
I made this little diagram last week to garner sympathy from the grandparent crowd, but things are looking up this week. I'm glad we can mark chicken pox off our list! Right now the sun is setting around 10:30 and rising before 5. It's amazing how different that makes life compared with when it was setting at 4 p.m. and rising after we were up. After living in Indiana and Ireland, I'm a believer in seasonal affective disorder.
Ireland is a beautiful place on a sunny summer day. There may not be many of them, but as a consequence they feel pretty precious. This morning we walked out to a park and fed the ducks who had cute, fuzzy little ducklings, played on the playground, and saw dozens of big, beautiful roses on our walk. Thank God for simple, happy times!
Posted by
Elisa
on
6/22/2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I remember those long summer days in Europe. They were great for tourists. I also remember the first day it hit 20C, and I remember thinking, man, it's hot! And then I thought of my friends in Texas.
Post a Comment