September 15, 2010

Things I Know and Things I Don't

Moving around turns me into something of a blog stalker - haven't met many people yet, and so during nap time today I'm shamelessly stealing an idea for a post from Jordan, who I knew at ACU.

So we can start with the most obvious.  I know how to write blog entries to noone, but I don't know how to connect with the someone next door.

I know how to get around most of Dublin, but I don't know how to drive a car on the left side of the road.

I know how to hide the cookies from my son, but I don't know how to hide them from myself.

I know how to to make Ryan laugh, but I don't know how to explain that to someone else.

I know to drive a stick shift, but I don't know when I'll have to do so again (yippee!)

I know how to make a supper full of many yummy things, but I still don't know how to get them all ready at the same time.

I know what other people should do with their children, but I don't know what to do with my own.  (E.g. when I'm carrying groceries and Asher refuses to walk up the stairs to our apartment or when he refuses to sit in a shopping cart or when he refuses to sit down for a bath, etc., etc., etc. I could seriously use some advice on how to handle a 21 month old with a will of his own!)

I know how to talk about God, but I don't know how to listen to him.

I know that Asher is obsessed with Elmo, but I don't know why. 

I know how to drive patiently but not how to read a map well, which is half of why the I drive and Ryan navigates system is essential to the health of our marriage!

Well, that's a few, anyway!

1 comment:

The Brackeens said...

If you figure out how to hide the cookies from yourself, let me know.... :)